Vice President of Strategic Engagements
Encompassing Business Development Strategy, Leadership & Execution.
At Artefact, our purpose is to harness design and technology to create a more equitable and sustainable world. We have a great appreciation for the like-minded companies that share and influence our vision and are actively looking for ways to collaborate with them on a deeper level. As such, we are looking to hire an executive level sales professional and business strategist who can drive our growth by architecting strategic relationships and engagements that amplify our impact.
As the VP of Strategic Engagements (VPSE), you will be responsible for revenue through the identification, qualification and winning of new customers for Artefact. You will lead a dedicated team focused exclusively on new business development, and you will be hands-on involved in every stage of the sales process from lead generation to contract. You will report to the General Manager and be a member of the executive leadership team of the company. The VPSE will work closely with marketing and communications team to plan campaigns and activities that yield new contacts for Artefact. You will also coordinate with Account directors responsible for the happiness of our existing clients. In addition the VPSE will work with others to identify and qualify new leads and try different techniques to drive them from awareness to customers.
This role will ideally be filled by a candidate who is happy talking strategy, but whose real calling is the hard work of practical execution. You may have been described by others as someone who is organized, meticulous in their attention to detail, methodical in driving new processes, and consistent at applying best practices. People have also described you as a great collaborator and communicator who is confident and naturally sociable. You understand design thinking and what great design can accomplish, and can authentically speak to the value of the great innovation and design work. You will also know when to defer your own expertise to those experts in the organization. You are a clear writer, and capable of simplifying, clarifying and editing proposals. You’ve demonstrated a keen empathy for clients situations and are capable of earnestly reflecting a passion for the problems our clients have and what we might be able to do to solve them.
Most importantly, you know that this is more than a job; it is your calling. If you are passionate about delivering meaningful change in the world and are eager to work at a place where you can personally make a difference, then we should connect.
Make an Impact
- Build a modern sales management pipeline and customer relationship system, with appropriate measurement techniques, tools and associated responsibilities.
- Manage the sales pipeline, report performance against business development goals
- Work with internal teams to coordinate activities in support of business development
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to identify new opportunities within existing accounts
- Work closely with the Marketing and communications team to coordinate investments.
- Coordinate efforts between the BD team and the Executive Creative Directors
- Connect new client prospects with Artefact’s executive creative directors
- Lead outbound sales activities including prospecting, lead generation and coordinating outreach by the internal team
- Achieve revenue objectives on a quarterly cadence.
- Fifteen + years’ work experience with at least (10 years selling creative/professional services)
- An existing network of professional connections preferably in the technology sector.
- Deep understanding of design thinking and the innovation process
- Comfortable and confident interacting with senior executives
- Experience working with large organizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an active listener and an engaging story-teller
- Evidence of successfully building a portfolio of new business
- Creative and flexible under changing settings, courage to be heard, sense of humor, passionate about design and technology, life-long learner
- Positive client references
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.