Vice President of Business Development
At Artefact, our purpose is to harness design and technology to create a more equitable and sustainable world. We have a great appreciation for the like-minded companies that share and influence our vision and are actively looking for ways to collaborate with them on a deeper level. As such, we are looking to hire an executive level sales professional and business strategist who can drive our growth by architecting strategic relationships and engagements that amplify our impact.
As the VP of Business Development, you will play a key role in identifying the unmet needs of our target clients and ensuring a market fit for our services. You will work closely with marketing to leverage our reputation and broker conversations with potential customers. You will also work with the customer success team to build new relationships within our strategic accounts and identify new business opportunities.
In this role, you will be the primary representative of Artefact and the first point of contact with potential customers. You will be well versed in design thinking and able to communicate the value of our offering across a diverse range of industries. Similarly, you will be comfortable discussing strategy with senior executives at large organizations, understand and frame customer problems, and ultimately fill the role of trusted advisor.
While you will be leading a team of professionals, this is a hands-on role, and you will be involved in every stage of the sales process from lead generation to contract. You will be responsible for coordinating efforts in pursuit of multiple opportunities at various stages of maturity, often simultaneously. Most importantly, you know that this is more than a job; it is your calling. If you are passionate about delivering meaningful change in the world and are eager to work at a place where you can personally make a difference, then we should connect.
Make an Impact
- Develop new accounts and hit revenue targets
- Lead outbound sales activities including prospecting, lead generation and coordinating outreach by the internal team
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to identify new opportunities within existing accounts
- Connect new client prospects with Artefact’s executive creative directors
- Responsible for developing and executing a business development strategy that has a measurable impact on revenue
- Coordinate efforts between the BD team and the Executive Creative Directors
- Work with internal teams to coordinate activities in support of business development
- Manage the sales pipeline, report performance against business development goals
- Ten + years’ experience selling creative services
- An existing network of professional connections at the executive level
- Deep understanding of design thinking and the innovation process
- Comfortable and confident interacting with senior executives
- Experience working with large organizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an active listener and an engaging story-teller
- Evidence of successfully building a portfolio of new business
- Creative and flexible under changing settings, courage to be heard, sense of humor, passionate about design and technology, life-long learner
- Positive client references
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.