UX/Visual Design Apprentice/Intern
At Artefact, our Apprentice and Intern program is an opportunity for recently graduated or currently enrolled students to solve real world design challenges under the mentorship of established design leaders. Our immersive apprenticeship/internship experience is as real as it gets. We are currently reviewing portfolios for paid apprenticeships/internships, and ask that applicants either be currently enrolled in a course of study or have recently graduated (in the last year). Apprenticeships/internships last 2-6 months and average 32-40hr work weeks depending on your availability.
Artefact designers have a strong interest in all aspects of design and its impact on the world in which we live, and share a passion for making digital experiences as simple and elegant as possible. As a Design Apprentice/Intern at Artefact you will participate in world-class design programs and enjoy collaborating with other designers to solve complex interaction problems. You will work closely with researchers, customers, and client-side product teams to define new user experiences expressed through various levels of prototyped output. And like all Artefact designers, you strive to deliver the highest quality of craft.
- Find ways to make complex information and interaction as simple as possible
- Develop high quality visual assets, then refine these into complete, functional design systems
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to define user interaction and workflow models for product features
- Work with user researchers to turn observational and other data into creative solutions
- Build prototypes to demonstrate interactive behavior
- Create user experience guidelines and UI specification documentation
- Develop navigational hierarchies and effectively visualize key concepts of site structure and user pathways
- Create storyboards and plan activity scenarios, flow, and sequences
- Recently graduated (in the last year) or currently enrolled in an academic program having to do with Interaction Design, Visual Design, Product Design, HCI, or equivalent
- An online design portfolio demonstrating strong creative skills, the ability to generate compelling ideas, and a thorough understanding of design process
- High level of proficiency with current design tools and software applications
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.