Senior Visual Designer
At Artefact, we value excellence in thinking and craft. We believe design should both solve problems, and inspire. As our company has grown, we’ve identified the opportunity to expand our Visual Design team to ensure that we continue to offer fresh perspectives, and the highest level of craft – that’s where you come in. As a Senior Visual Designer, you will work alongside a committed group of innovation professionals to help define how form, composition, color and typography contribute, and in some cases, take the lead in creating world class brand, product and service experiences.
You are a professional who finds motivation in communicating through beauty, hierarchy, clarity, and systems. You exercise your impeccable taste, understanding of brand strategy and systems, and your eye for detail to create pin-worthy digital experiences. You are a catalyst for visual innovation. You know how to establish a variety of visual styles and see them through to the last detail, while always keeping the right people in the loop.
This is an opportunity to apply your Visual Design skills to some of the most forward thinking design and engineering challenges in the innovation space today. If you like to influence and implement emerging design trends and inspire curiosity and engagement through visual communication, then we’d love to hear from you.
Make an Impact:
- Develop a variety of compelling visual styles that support a brand/product strategy
- Establish a comprehensive visual system that works for digital products and beyond
- Oversee the implementation of the visual system on your project team to ensure consistent quality
- Demonstrate passion for dotting the i’s and cross the t’s in all of your work
- Effectively convey the process and value of visual design to your internal teams and clients
- Bring your work to life through prototyping and motion (Nice to have)
- 5+ years of hands-on visual design experience, preferably designing for digital products, brand design and data visualization.
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong communicator and storyteller
- A visually compelling online portfolio
- Customer focused, self-managing problem solver, accountable and able to thrive in autonomous environments
- Creative and flexible under changing settings, courage to be heard, sense of humor, passionate about design and technology, life-long learner
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.