At Artefact, our purpose is to harness design and technology to create a more equitable and sustainable world. As our company has grown, we’ve identified a need to expand our development team and increase our technical bandwidth – that’s where you come in.
As a Lead, Full Stack Developer and Creative Technologist at Artefact, you will collaborate with other developers and designers to build beautiful, functional, software applications using a variety of leading-edge technologies. You will develop exceptional user interfaces, and never shy away from learning new tools and technologies when the need presents itself. As a Lead Developer, you thrive in collaborative, creative environments, and work closely with our directors on how we plan, scope and communicate expectations and deliverables to clients.
If you are passionate about building strong relationships, working with cutting edge technologies and are eager to work at a place where you can personally make a difference, then we should connect.
Make an Impact:
- Implement software with attention to detail and quality
- Work closely with designers to flesh out and realize amazing user experiences
- Mentor and lead other developers and participate in the planning and design of software application features
- Interface with clients to understand requirements, present work, and gather feedback
- Influence how we plan, scope and approach deliverables
- Tinker, experiment, prototype on the boundaries of User Experience
- Computer Science or related engineering degree, or equivalent
- 4+ years’ experience shipping software products that scale for large audiences – ideally, you’ve worked on multiple versions and releases of the same product
- Exemplary technical problem-solving skills
- Experience and/or a strong interest in developing great user experiences is required.
- Experience in emerging tech apps is considered a plus: virtual reality, augmented reality, digital agent communications, wearables, drone operation, near-field tech, AI, or any other nascent technical area
- Comfortable in a technical consulting role – both internally at Artefact and client-facing – accustomed to providing a point of view and rationale to support it with audiences of varying sophistication levels re: tech
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.